The Patented Windspill Junior Base Unit is designed to be permanently banded to a light pole to support the Windspill Junior Arm Unit and to provide stability and adjustablility for the banner installation.
JR BASE UNIT – Cast of quality aluminum alloy hardened with a T-51 heat treatment. Weight = .5 lb. The weight and design of the JR Base Unit provide a strong foundation for the banner mounting system. Price of each Base Unit includes two (2) #WS-5513 self-locking bolts.
1. The Base Unit is secured to a pole with either #WS-206 stainless steel banding or Quick-release Banding (note the guide channels at either end to prevent movement of the banding). Also, the Base Unit may be lag-bolted to a wooden pole or a wall surface through the two 5/8” holes at either end. NOTE: If the Base Unit is lag-bolted to a surface, the Arm Unit will pass over the lag bolt heads for easy removal and adjustment.
2. Two 1" long x 3/8” diameter self-locking bolts pass through the adjustment slots in the Arm Unit and thread into the Base Unit, thereby, safely securing the Arm Unit to the Base Unit.
3. The 1-3/4” width and 6" length of the Base Unit provide lateral and vertical stability for the system. The surface area also allows a secure attachment to the pole or wall surface (ie: no “creeping” up or down or side-to-side movement on the pole).
4. The radius on the backside of the Base Unit is designed so it will fit snugly on 1½” diameter and larger round poles (including fluted poles). In fact, the "legs" of the JR Base unit will fit snugly into the depressions of most fluted poles, allowing additional stability. Also the "legs" on the backside allow the Base to securely mount to square and octagonal poles, or wall surfaces.
5. The Base Unit does not require a confusing “top end up” mount as with some systems on the market. Both ends are the same and it doesn’t matter which end is up or down.